Edit

Trump Hormuz Claim, Ukraine Mall Strike

Trump Hormuz Claim, Ukraine Mall Strike

US-Iran tensions, a deadly Russian drone attack in Ukraine, security concerns in Meghalaya and a new international notice linked to the Sambhal violence case. Officials have issued fresh statements as military, diplomatic and law-enforcement developments unfold.

Trump Hormuz remarks sharpen US-Iran tensions

US President Donald Trump said he views the Strait of Hormuz as “American territory” and claimed the United States has effective control over the strategic waterway. Speaking at a rally in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, Trump also said Iran wanted an agreement but was not, in his view, ready to accept the right terms. The remarks come amid continuing confrontation between Washington and Tehran around one of the world’s most important energy shipping routes.

Iran shield claim signals tougher defence posture

Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps commander-in-chief Ahmad Vahidi said Iran has built what he described as a solid defensive shield against external threats. In a message marking National Defence Industry Day, Vahidi said the country was confronting new forms of combined and military aggression. His comments underline Tehran’s effort to project military preparedness as tensions with the United States remain elevated.

Kryvyi Rih attack leaves 16 dead

A Russian double-tap drone strike on a shopping centre in Kryvyi Rih killed at least 16 people and injured about 130, including 23 children, according to local Ukrainian officials. The attack hit the city’s largest mall in two waves, with the second strike occurring after emergency crews had begun responding. Regional authorities said rescue teams continued searching the rubble, while Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky condemned the assault.

Assam aid announced after Shillong violence

The Assam government issued helpline numbers on August 21 for residents who may be stranded in Meghalaya or facing travel difficulties after violence linked to a Khasi Students’ Union black flag bike rally on August 19. Assam Police said it was coordinating with Meghalaya authorities to assist affected people and vehicles. The designated contacts are WhatsApp 9181014888 and landline 0361-2381511.

Sambhal RCN issued against Shariq Sata

Interpol has issued a Red Corner Notice against fugitive gangster Shariq Sata, whom Uttar Pradesh Police identify as a key conspirator in the November 24, 2024 Sambhal violence. Police said Sata had previously been declared a fugitive offender and that proceedings to attach his property had been initiated. Authorities are now seeking to locate him abroad and pursue his arrest and extradition through appropriate legal channels.

These developments connect major geopolitical tensions with regional security and international law enforcement. Further official statements from Washington, Tehran, Ukrainian authorities and Indian law-enforcement agencies are likely to determine how each situation develops.

What is your response?

joyful Joyful 0%
cool Cool 0%
thrilled Thrilled 0%
upset Upset 0%
unhappy Unhappy 0%
AD
AD
AD
AD
AD
AD
AD
AD
AD